Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lighting The Way



Ran across this story today... whoa, I am running late for church... so, quickly...

It just goes to remind me that there are so many ordinary people who do the right thing; the brave thing. Most of the time, they don't get the credit or hoopla by making headlines or history books.

More importantly, we miss out on their example.

I will be adding Claudette Colvin to the crowd of people I carry around in my heart. I will think of her when I need a courage to do the right thing.

She is a light along the path.

3 comments:

Alise said...

What a fascinating story. Thank you for sharing this. Certainly reminds me that there are worse things that cross glances and cold shoulders for doing the right thing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this story! We all need reminders now and then to do the right thing, no matter what the consequences.

Brittanicals said...

Heya, thanks so much for sharing this story. Kind of blows my right wing Mother's narrative about how darn "moral" we used to be right out of the water.

Thanks also for the nice compliment about my own blog! I was pleasantly surprised to get a comment. Looks like you have a cool place here as well!